- 3 medium potatoes, peeled and cut in four
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut in four lengthwise
- 4 parsnips, peeled and cut in two lengthwise
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 45 mL (3 Tbsp) oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1.2 kg (2.6 lbs) boneless blade roast
- 500 mL (2 cups) CANTON™ Beef-Onion Broth
- 45 mL (3 Tbsp) flour
- 45 mL (3 Tbsp) butter
- Spread potatoes, carrots, parsnips and garlic in the bottom of a crockpot.
- In a skillet, heat oil. Generously season blade roast with salt and pepper, then sear 2 minutes per side until brown.
- Place blade roast on top of vegetables in the crockpot, then add in broth. Make sure beef roast touches broth.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 hours.
- Removed cooked roast and vegetables from crockpot and transfer to a large plate; loosely tent with aluminium foil.
- In a bowl, blend together flour and butter until smooth. Whisk into broth until well-blended.
- Cook sauce for 15 more minutes. Pour over roast and vegetables.