Beef burgers with caramelized onions
Servings : 4
Preparation : 10 minutes
Baking : 15 minutes
- 600 g (1 1/3 lbs) ground beef
- 180 mL (3/4 cup) breadcrumbs
- 375 mL (1 1/2 cups) Canton Beef-Onion Fondue Broth
- 10 mL (2 tsp) vegetable oil
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 10 mL (2 tsp) crushed coriander seeds (optional)
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) honey
- 4 hamburger buns
- Fresh-ground black pepper
- To taste, steak spices (optional)
- Your favourite toppings (lettuce, tomato, cheese, pickles, bacon, etc.)
- In a bowl, combine meat, breadcrumbs, 125 mL (1/2 cup) broth and seasonings. Form into 4 patties and chill.
- Preheat barbecue on high.
- In an aluminum dish, pour oil and add onion. Place dish on barbecue grill and cook 3 to 5 minutes, until onion is lightly coloured. Add coriander seeds and honey. Continue cooking 1 minute.
- Add remaining Canton Beef-Onion Fondue Broth to onion preparation and let simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook meat patties on barbecue over medium heat until fully cooked.
- Grill hamburger buns.
- Top meat patties with generous servings of caramelized onions and garnish with your favourite toppings.
- Serve very hot.