Chicken and pineapple kebabs
- 250 mL (1 cup) CANTON™ Original Broth
- 250 mL (1 cup) pineapple juice
- 15 mL (1 Tbsp) Worcestershire sauce
- 60 mL (1/4 cup) brown sugar
- 30 mL (2 Tbsp) soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2.5 mL (1/2 tsp) onion salt
- 1 mL (1/4 tsp) hot pepper flakes
- 20 cubes fresh pineapple
- 20 pieces red onion, cut into squares
- 750 g (1 1/2 lbs) chicken breasts, cut into 16 cubes
Marinade and kebabs
- In a bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Pour into a sealable bag and add chicken cubes.
- Chill 4 to 24 hours to marinate.
- Drain and pat dry chicken cubes, reserving marinade.
- Thread chicken cubes onto skewers, alternating with pineapple and red onion.
- Preheat barbecue on medium-high.
- Oil hot grill grate and grill kebabs 7 to 9 minutes, turning often.
- Once cooked, transfer kebabs to a cutting board and loosely cover with aluminum foil.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
Sauce (suggested side)
- Strain marinade and pour into a pot.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine 30 mL (2 Tbsp) butter and 15 mL (1 Tbsp) flour, then incorporate into marinade.
- Continue cooking 3 minutes.